Wednesday, December 13, 2017

10 more great uses of songs in movie/TV series trailers

By s. Wednesday, December 13, 2017 , ,
Last week we looked at 10 trailers which used songs to great effect. Since I don't wanna trash The Snowman joylessly in a review of it and would rather just whine about it in RF BUT I also want to have at least some content around here, let's look at 10 more:


20. Terminator: Salvation (The Day the Whole World Went Away by Nine Inch Nails)



19. True Blood (Bottom of the River by Delta Rae)

 

18. Atomic Blonde (Sweet Dreams by Eurythims/Steve Angello Remix)



17. Cinderella (My Blood by Ellie Goulding)



16. Hannibal (Stand by Me by Mona)



15. Legend (I'm So Sorry by Imagine Dragons)



14. Our Brand is Crisis (I'd Love to Change the World by Ten Years After)



13. Live by Night (Arsonist's Lullaby by Hozier)



12. Black Hawk Down (Why Does My Heart Feel so Bad? by Moby)



11. Burn After Reading (Grounds for Divorce by Elbow)

 

14 comments:

  1. This is TREMENDOUS. Holy shit, I haven't seen most of these (like, uh...all the TV shows), but I want to now.

    I think I gotta start with Legend. That's a fantastic trailer. (But Burn After Reading is completely amazing, too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude burn After Reading is one of the funniest movies ever made. See it!!

      Delete
    2. Legend is worse than the trailer :) But Hardy's work is incredible

      Delete
  2. Bugger the Snowman, I'm still waiting to hear what you thought of mother!! C'mooon don't leave me hanging! =P

    Oh, and I reckons that trailers are things of pure evil. They ruin the best jokes, spoil movies, I literally will put my fingers in my ears and close my eyes during trailers at the cinemas =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't seen it.

      Eh, if the films these days had better jokes or jokes that landed the trailers wouldn't have the power to ruin the films :)

      Delete
  3. Okay cos you have Burn After I had to watch the trailers. Damn you!! Agreed tho great song for the trailer on that one. So good in fact I need to watch that movie right now. Still blows me away how young Pitt looks in that thing.

    Not familiar with the rest, though all great tracks, especially the one from Atomic Blonde. Still need to see that one properly (ie sober).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pitt was so awesome there, it's one of his best role. Just absolutely hilarious

      Delete
    2. Hell yes, this and 12 Monkeys are his best efforts IMO

      Delete
  4. That Legend trailer is ON POINT! Also, that song during their concert was so amazing, I went straight to youtube to listen to the song after finishing another awesome list of trailer songs! Is there a third one coming soon? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I have another in me, next week's post other than RF is the trashing of Last Jedi :)

      Delete
  5. Amazing post! I especially love the inclusion of Burn After Reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I remember watching this trailer so much before the film came out

      Delete
  6. More great work. That Moby track feels like it was made specifically for that Black Hawk Down trailer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! it so well synced to the trailer I always list this as one of my favorites. It just makes it so epic

      Delete